We at CCDA are not strangers to the deep impact violence has on our communities. Over the years, practitioners like you have helped develop resources and networks to help you respond with God and community. We encourage you to utilize these gifts of learning and connection below, as we work together to seek God’s shalom for our communities.
Respond in Prayer & Lament
- Lament Worship Playlist
- Resources to deal with traumatic events
Respond by Listening
- Learn from members of our AAPI community responding to the events at Monterey Park.
- Learn how members of CCDA (Clergy Community Coalition) responded to the Monterey Park violence and mobilized local pastors to host a vigil.
- Learn from a CCDA staff wrestling with what happened in her hometown of Uvalde.
- Listen to the lament of a CCDA practitioner from Buffalo.
- Learn how to come alongside the API/AAPI community.
Respond by Learning
Reducing Gun Violence Toolkit$5.00
Reimagining Violence in Scripture$10.00
How can faith leaders engage in efforts to reduce violence?$5.00
Cultivating Healing Spaces: Strategies for Wholeness and Wellbeing on a Community-Level$5.00
A Church-centered Approach to Gun Violence in America’s Cities$5.00
Moviendo hace Adelante Transformación del Vecindario$5.00
Exploring Effective Trauma-Informed Responses to Violence$5.00
Trauma & Its Roots in Inner City Communities$5.00
Teaching Non-Violence in a Violent Culture$5.00
Called to Community: The Life Jesus Wants for His PeopleProduct on sale
Respond in Community
Join our local and affinity networks that help you stay in community with others in your area and in the places you’re invested in. In particular, check out:
Respond with Advocacy
How are you responding?
We know we’ve only highlighted a fraction of the amazing work you all do for violence prevention in your communities. Share with us here so we can lift up additional models, resources, and networks for our association to connect to!