The CCDA Leadership Cohort is designed to bring together CCD leaders who are demonstrating leadership in their local communities and beyond. Each Cohort consists of 20 diverse leaders who journey together for two years developing deep friendships shaped by peer-to-peer relationships—much like the original founders of CCDA. The Cohort provides opportunities to connect with national leaders and founders of CCDA.
Requirements for Cohort #8
- Active membership in CCDA.
- Serving in a primary leadership capacity with an CCDA organization or a local community (ages 40+).
- Have a history of participating in CCDA events or activities (e.g. attending the National Conference).
- Characterized as a person “above reproach” (I Tim. 3:1-10).
The application process for Cohort 8 will begin in November 2018. If you have questions about the program, please contact Lisa Watson
During Cohort years:
- Read all assigned materials.
- Full preparation and participation in four 4-day retreats.
- Full participation in two National Conferences over a two-year period. Cohort members will be expected to volunteer and are encouraged to submit a National Conference Workshop Proposal.
- Continued relationship building between formal activities/retreats.
- Each Cohort participant is responsible for paying their Leadership Cohort Fee (covers room & board for four retreats) and covering their own transportation, lodging, and food costs related to two National Conferences. These costs will vary based upon individual travel expenses to the gatherings and lodging/meal choices for the two National Conferences.
After completing the program:
- Represent CCDA as “ambassadors” for Christian Community Development through activities including, but not limited to: hosting CCDA events (e.g. CCDA Cafés), mobilizing local networks, writing blogs for the CCDA website, and investing in the growing network of Cohort Leaders.
Upcoming Cohort #7 events
September 11-14, 2018 Chicago, IL