Each year, leaders from other parts of the world, including countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, and Latin America, attend CCDA’s National Conference. The growing international interest led to the development of CCDA’s Global Connections Community (GCC).
GCC aspires to build transnational relationships, network with existing CCD work globally, learn from CCD practices in other contexts, respond to international interest, and identify a strategic pathway for CCDA’s growing global involvement.
We encourage you to connect with a network that promotes church-based Christian Community Development in your country or region. We can direct you to these international groups:
- Micah Network – a global association of hundreds of organizations in 80+ countries pursuing holistic, integral mission – including CCD
- La Red Del Camino – a movement focused on connecting churches & practitioners involved in integral mission in Latin America
- InnerCHANGE – Christian order among the poor worldwide
- Servant Partners – a movement centered on Jesus Christ, planted in urban poor communities around the world
If you are interested in attending the 2021 CCDA National Conference, please note the following:
If you have a valid US Visa or Passport:
- International practitioners who have valid US visas and passports are invited to participate. Please complete the International Attendee form so we can capture your contact information. Please contact [email protected] with any questions.
CCDA cannot provide any financial assistance for travel or conference expenses; all international attendees are responsible for making their own travel and lodging arrangements. However, we will waive your conference registration fee. Once you have confirmed your attendance, CCDA will process your registration.
If you do not have a valid US Visa:
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are not issuing invitation letters for in-person attendance to the 2021 National Conference in Kansas City. We are, however, creating a no-cost livestream option for which individuals living outside the U.S. may apply. Please note that CCDA will consider only 5 applications per global ministry. If you are an international practitioner with a connection to a CCDA leader, you may request access to the no-cost livestream registration by fulfilling the following requirements:
- Complete the International Invitation Request form.
- Demonstrate a connection to a CCDA leader. CCDA requires a letter of reference completed by said leader (please send as PDF to [email protected]). We recommend this be completed within a week of submitting the International Attendee form.
- If access is granted, registrations will be generated at the beginning of each month. CCDA will email you once your registration is complete.
- Deadline to submit the International Attendee form and letter of reference: October 1, 2021.