We're on a mission to end hopelessness among teens
JOB TITLE: Area Director
DEPARTMENT: Directly Operated Sites
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Directly Operated Sites & Community Engagement
STATUS: Full-time (40 hours)
WORK HOURS: Flexibility to work daytime and evening hours and occasional weekends
LOCATION: Eagan, MN or New Hope/Plymouth, MN
TreeHouse is on a mission to end hopelessness among teens. Through safe, grace-based environments and one-to-one mentoring, teens build healthy relationships, better coping skills and a sense of purpose rooted in the living hope of Jesus, unleashing untold potential in themselves and their communities. TreeHouse staff are grounded in the core values of GRACE (Growth, Relationships, Authenticity, Community, Empowerment) that determine how we build relationships with donors, partners, volunteers, fellow staff, and teens. TreeHouse serves over 3,000 teens annually across 11 states and is growing to lead the nation in ending hopelessness among teens.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate possesses a growth mindset and passion for TreeHouse’s vision. They demonstrate the drive to engage a broad range of potential and current community stakeholders, connecting adults and teens to the mission.
Key characteristics include a self-motivated individual, high initiative, and the ability to influence and inspire others to invest their time, heart, and resources to come alongside TreeHouse teens. Essential attributes include spiritual maturity, a heart for teens, an unflappable demeanor, and the proven ability to manage people and programs.
GENERAL TREEHOUSE STAFF REQUIREMENT
By God’s grace, TreeHouse staff live out Christian faith and values in ways that are consistent with the teachings of Scripture and by participating in a fellowship of believers for spiritual enrichment, encouragement, support, and accountability.
The Area Director leads an assigned TreeHouse site, managing a team of volunteers and staff to meet the TreeHouse mission, goals and outcomes for teens. Helps shape and articulate the strategies to ensure excellence in teen programming, while developing community partnerships and resources to sustain and grow the mission.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
● Provide spiritual leadership to volunteer and staff team by setting the tone and leading by example
● Help shape the spiritual climate of the organization as a leader within the larger team
● TEENS – Cultivate and maintain teen recruiting pipelines including intentional relationships with schools, social workers, courts, probation officers, pastors, parents, etc.; ensure consistent follow-up of referrals from these sources
● VOLUNTEERS – With the support of Community & Volunteer Engagement staff, recruit, equip, and retain a network of volunteers needed to support the overall mission of your site, including direct service to teens (e.g. program, mentoring) and support services (e.g. meals, community ambassadors)
● AWARENESS – With support from Community & Volunteer Engagement staff, serve as a key TreeHouse representative to community agencies, civic groups, businesses, churches, etc.
● FUNDRAISING – In partnership with Community & Volunteer Engagement staff, Development staff, and volunteer community ambassadors, execute a local strategy to meet annual fundraising and resourcing goals:
o Engage community and volunteers to connect teens/families to needed resources
o Engage current and potential community donors in TreeHouse fundraising events/experiences and other strategic opportunities
o Cultivate and maintain a team of ministry partners who support the work of the assigned TreeHouse site financially and in prayer
VOLUNTEER & STAFF DEVELOPMENT
● Develop a working climate in which volunteers and staff are motivated to achieve their full potential; train, coach, and develop them both on the job and in formal meetings and sessions
● Delegate responsibilities to volunteer and paid staff as appropriate for their level of competence while leading by example in program settings
● Collaborate with TreeHouse leadership to set and track progress toward site-specific goals and overall outcomes for teens
● Develop and communicate the strategies for site volunteers and staff to effectively serve teens.
● Ensure effective planning and organizing of program activities for assigned site
● Lead/participate in weekly programs, trips and activities, including driving a 12-passenger van to transport teens as needed
● In collaboration with site staff, assign careloads of teens to self, volunteers, and paid staff, and ensure teens receive consistent mentoring and support in safe environments
● Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all teen and community data tracking, administrative work, and basic vehicle maintenance for assigned site
● Manage site budget for teen programming, activities and trips, and other expenses; through local and personal networks provide fundraising opportunities for teens to earn scholarship money for trips and activities
● Three or more years of program, ministry, and/or staff management experience; demonstrated success in providing direct service to youth facing struggles
● Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Social Work, Psychology, Education, Youth Ministry or related field (exceptions will be considered)
● Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, 5+ years’ driving experience to meet TH insurance provider requirements
● Mature faith in Jesus Christ which is compatible with the TreeHouse statement of faith and philosophy of ministry
● Commitment to the Vision, Mission, and Core Values of TreeHouse
● Strong interpersonal skills; ability to forge positive working relationships with a wide variety of people
● Self-motivated with ability to meet deadlines independently and as part of a team
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Sound judgment and confidentiality
To apply for this job please visit treehouseinc.tfaforms.net.