Throughout history we have seen the power of pilgrimage to provoke justice and call for action. In August 2016, the Christian Community Development Association (CCDA), alongside faith leaders representing organizations and institutions from around the country, joined together to share El Camino del lnmigrante, a 150-mile walking solidarity pilgrimage from the Tijuana/San Diego border to downtown Los Angeles, highlighting the need to address our broken immigration system.
Dreamers who have benefitted from the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, granting temporary protected status from deportation and allowing undocumented immigrants, brought to the United States as children to have legal work authorization, will come to an end. We must work together to ensure that Congress takes up legislation that affords these young people the future they have worked for.
Camino de Sueños, or the Path of Dreams is a pilgrimage of art, stories and action, bringing together the hopes and dreams of undocumented youth and carrying them together to Congress by December 5th. We are inviting churches, schools, organizations and individuals to host a Camino de Sueños gathering in their community and ask that they register their event.
If you are unable to attend a Camino de Sueños event in your city or if your city is not hosting one, please enter your dreams below:
Support Camino de Sueños
(please write Camino on donation form)
Sign up to Host an Event
Artwork by ThriveCollective.org
While we encourage individual, creative expressions of art that depict the story of the immigrant struggle and dreams to be present, at these gatherings, we are requesting the following:
- Have someone or a group create & provide a container to collect the dreams/hopes for Dreamers and their families
- Create space for Dreamers to share their stories
- Invite everyone gathered to write their dreams/hopes for Dreamers and their families on a green index card
- Include your name & state
- If you are a Dreamer write your hope/dreams for your future and the futures of your friends/families on a yellow index card
- Everyone else write your hope/dreams for the future of Dreamers and their families on a green index card
- Use #CaminodeSueños on all social media
- Ensure that the container and cards get to DC either in person or shipped for the December 5th gathering.