Website Harvest Hands
Develop and oversee all fundraising efforts of the organization, including but not limited to annual
giving, corporate partnerships, grant and foundation giving, social enterprise sales, and planned
giving. Develop and oversee all communications and marketing efforts of the organization. This is
a full-time salaried position on our leadership team.
Strategy & Leadership
1. Develop and implement the organization’s development objectives & strategy, evaluate its
success, and provide improvement on an ongoing basis.
2. Create a strategic plan to grow the organization’s support base and revenue streams.
3. Manage a team of development and sales managers to reach their annual metrics and
4. Lead the recruitment, hiring, and training of additional development team members, and
assist with the hiring and onboarding of other high level team members as a part of the
5. Work alongside the leadership team to develop the budget and create metrics for the
development team annually.
6. Oversee the development and implementation of all fundraising campaigns and events.
7. Cultivate and manage donor and foundation relations.
8. Work alongside COO and CEO to identify and cultivate major gift and legacy giving
opportunities and coordinate capital campaigns.
9. Oversee the grant process, including research, letters of interest, proposals, contracts and
10. Oversee and manage all streams of revenue for the organization–Including our social
enterprises Humphreys Street Coffee and Soap production facility and coffee shop (and
potential new ventures).
11. Develop and maintain positive relationships with staff, students, families, volunteers,
donors, foundations, community leaders, media and partner organizations.
12. Provide direction and strategy for a stewardship and donor communication plan that retain
and grow existing pipeline of donors.
Communication & Administration
13. Provide direction and oversee the creation of marketing and communication related to
fundraising, customer communication and organization story telling.
14. Ensure the organization’s donor database is updated in a timely manner to reflect giving
and donor communications, and utilize information to identify donor trends and
15. Work alongside COO to manage audits, 990’s, permits and other tax exemption
requirements and reports necessary to maintain our status as a nonprofit.
16. Attend board meetings to provide development reports and maintain strong relationships
with board members. Oversee the management and recruitment of young professionals
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following professional qualifications:
1. A strong and clearly observable faith in God and a strong passion and commitment to the
mission of Harvest Hands and caring for under-resourced communities.
2. An awareness and understanding of the principles of Christian Community Development and a
commitment to invest in neighbors and the neighborhoods we serve.
3. A Bachelors degree or 5+ years of related experience in nonprofit organizations
4. Experience working in an urban setting with a proven track record of effective leadership with
children, youth and families.
5. Experience working collaboratively with teams and volunteers. Experience leading teams.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related
duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the neighborhood and organization.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org