Website Common Good
Working together for the common good in North Lexington.
The Associate Executive Director of Programs is a full-time, salaried position. This person will provide leadership for our After-School, Summer, Path, and Parent Programs. Responsibilities fall into the categories of program staff management, program administration, and volunteer recruitment and training. We are seeking an individual to work closely with the Executive Director to execute the mission and vision of Common Good. This position will help accommodate our growth over the last ten years. Annual salary range is $50,000-$55,000.
Essential Job Functions
1. Supervise four staff members that lead the After-School/Summer, Path and Parent
2. Meet regularly with program staff members to offer support and guidance in
accomplishing program goals and the mission/vision of Common Good.
3. Work with program staff to develop objectives and performance measures for each
program; communicate process and results to the Executive Director.
4. Ensure that program staff receive the training and support they need to be successful
at their work.
5. Assist with hiring and evaluation of program staff.
6. Meet bi-weekly with the Executive Director.
1. Manage programs within the approved budget; discuss specific program budgets on a
monthly basis with appropriate staff.
2. Attend programs daily in order to engage with students, families, volunteers and staff.
3. Oversee and evaluate assessments in order to monitor program participants’ growth
4. Maintain a good working relationship within the school system to better meet the
emotional, behavioral, and academic needs of the students.
5. Support staff as they address and manage discipline issues promptly.
6. Perform administrative and fundraising duties as needed in an effort to carry out the
mission of Common Good.
7. Be responsible for ensuring program policies and procedures are in place, clearly
communicated and respected.
8. Keep office and program hours from 10-6 PM Monday-Friday.
9. Outside program hours are required. Responsibilities for outside hours include planning,
organizing, and attending evening and/or weekend activities for parents and families.
1. Work with program staff to recruit, train and manage volunteers.
2. Cultivate and maintain relationships with partners in the community.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
• High moral character and strong Christian faith
• An awareness and understanding of the principles of Christian Community Development
and a commitment to live in one of the neighborhoods served within one year of start date
• Exceptional organizational skills to execute the vision of the organization
• The ability to create and strongly adhere to processes
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Able to work independently
• Ability to be flexible and work evening or weekend hours, on occasion
• Prefer that candidate is bilingual in Spanish
Master’s degree in related field preferred, or three years experience in a supervisory role,
preferably with a nonprofit organization.
• Cover letter that addresses the following questions:
o What is your approach and experience in leadership?
o Describe your experience in staff and program supervision.
o Why are you interested in this position?
o What aspects of your career do you believe make you a good candidate for the
position of Associate Executive Director of Programs?
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the neighborhood and
Interested individuals can submit their resume to [email protected] by September 30, 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org