Website The Chalmers Center for Economic Development
The Director of Finance and Administration is an integral team member who will be key in helping the organization grow to the next level of influence and impact. They will help build, streamline and manage financial, accounting, HR and other administrative models and systems. The director will be involved in strategic and operational planning and budgeting, building new models and metrics providing financial analysis of Chalmers’s ministry and products, as well as contributing to the success of the Chalmers Center’s program expansion.
- Manage all accounts, ledgers, financial software & reporting systems to ensure that activities, policies & procedures are in compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Work with external auditors to prepare and review audit schedules and annual reports of audit findings.
- Create and maintain financial policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with the leadership team and other managers to create and maintain the models necessary to establish annual budgets, staffing plans, long-term growth projections, etc.
- Create, analyze and present regular financial information in an accurate and timely manner to various stakeholders including the leadership team and the board. (e.g. monthly financial statements, variance explanations, etc.).
- Work with the Executive Director and VPs to create models and analyze various financial information as requested such as cash flow, product plans, overall metrics, product costing, etc.
- Assist in fundraising efforts by preparing budgets for proposals and reports for how funds were used for grant reports.
- Hire, manage and retain accounting and other support staff as needed.
- Manage the HR functions of the organization including maintaining employee policies (as well as the Employee Handbook) and benefit programs.
- Manage the physical facility with the support of the Office Manager.
- Liaise with legal counsel as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (MA/MBA preferred) in Accounting, Business, Management, or Finance.
- Five to eight years of professional experience, including managing the finance and administration of a high-growth $5 million to $10 million organization (preference given to nonprofit experience).
- Experience with cloud-based systems, Blackbaud Financial Edge and Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multidisciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multitask while also being highly detail-oriented.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to the Chalmers Center’s mission.
- Commitment to the Vision, Mission, and Values of the Chalmers Center.
- Demonstrate an unwavering commitment to the organization’s statement of faith.
- Play an active role in the life of a local church community.
- Seek to apply the gospel to all areas of life, including interpersonal relationships.
- Use a humble listening approach with both internal and external constituencies.
- Act courageously to overcome obstacles and remain hopeful for people living in poverty.
- Depend on the Holy Spirit and seek God’s guidance when making decisions.
- Can thrive in a team that practices excellence, humility, hope, and unity.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com