Website The Chalmers Center for Economic Development
The Chalmers Center equips local churches to address the broken relationships at the root of material poverty, living out Jesus’ Kingdom today. The Generosity Specialist is vital to the success of the Generosity Team, with support that ensures the team fulfills its mission, vision, and goals. The position will broadly assist in aligning administrative, operational, and stewardship tasks that help the team maintain integrity to the team’s biblically-based plans. The person in this position will help to make sure the remainder of the team is utilizing their strengths and fulfilling their own job descriptions.
- Commit to praying and advocating for the poor and the church in light of the mission of the Chalmers Center.
- Conduct meeting management, including preparing agendas, printing financial reports, taking notes, distributing and following up on action items, and arranging catering.
- Maintain Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce database, such as entering donor and prospect meeting recaps, personal information, and generating reports.
- Manage personal and professional administrative tasks for the team, including, but not limited to, booking appointments, research projects, coordinating travel, ordering gifts, etc.
- Engage in light project management to keep the team’s focus on priorities.
- Maintain tools for management to forecast revenue, manage expenses, and other financial information to create a culture of best-in-class stewardship of resources.
- Assist Generosity team members with prospect identification, research, and portfolio management, including individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Assist in the construction and sustaining of an annual fund for the ministry to grow the base of support for Chalmers.
- Oversee and coordinate internal and external communications to make sure they are completed in a timely manner and that they communicate the Generosity Team’s vision for their partners.
- Manage aspects of the year-round gift-related communications and reporting, such as tax receipting, thank you notes, gift tracking, stewardship reporting, etc.
- Other responsibilities as assigned that help the Generosity Team to fulfill its calling to biblical generosity, stewardship, and walking with gift partners on a journey of generosity.
- Walks deeply with the Lord Jesus and is committed to personal holiness, including being a student of the Word of God
- Generous and gracious
- Selfless and humble but assertive when need be
- Curious, willing to learn
- Commitment to the Vision & Mission of the Chalmers Center.
- Adherence to the Chalmers Center statement of Christian belief.
- Uses a humble listening approach when working with partners.
- Thinks innovatively and is not fearful of mistakes or circumstances, yet learns from them.
- Acts courageously to overcome obstacles and remains hopeful for people in poverty.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information or situations.
- Demonstrate initiative and organizational ability. Handles a broad variety of projects simultaneously. Can work with deadlines with minimal supervision (once learned).
- Possess advanced oral and written communication skills and high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to produce professional work without grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors.
- Some experience with a CRM and various software packages with competence to learn new types.
- Experience in a similar setting and field is preferred but not required.
- Travel: Limited.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click here. Thank you!
To apply for this job please visit chalmerscenter.bamboohr.com.