Website hopefornewyork Hope for New York
We are fostering a movement of mercy and justice in NYC.
Hope for New York (HFNY) mobilizes volunteer and financial resources to organizations serving the poor and marginalized in New York City. Our vision is a city in which individuals and communities experience spiritual, personal, social, and economic well-being through the demonstration of Christ’s love.
HFNY focuses on expanding and deepening partnerships with faith-based nonprofits in NYC (our affiliates) through financial support, volunteer mobilization, capacity building, and collaborative networks. These efforts resource and strengthen HFNY’s affiliates with the goal that they are thriving and effective, as measured by incorporation of nonprofit best practices, so that the greatest number of the poor and marginalized in NYC can experience holistic flourishing.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Vice President of Operations is a mission-driven and strategic individual who is responsible for overseeing and managing all operations of the organization including Finance, People and Culture, Data & Systems, Organizational Impact, and General Administration & Office Management.
The Vice President reports to the CEO and is a part of the HFNY Leadership Team and will be a key senior leader of the organization.
- Lead an Operations Team to successfully manage all operations of the organization including Finance, People and Culture, Data & Systems, Organizational Impact, and General Administration & Office Management. The Operations team will be composed of HFNY Staff, independent contractors, consultants, legal counsel, etc.
- Provide leadership to staff by providing effective support across all teams, particularly in the areas of People and Culture, Data & Systems, and General Administration & Office Management
- Work closely with HFNY CEO and Leadership Team to develop strategies and plans to optimize internal operations and efficient workflow
- In collaboration with CEO and HFNY Leadership Team, develop, assess, and manage HFNY’s 3-5 year strategic priorities
- Help set agendas for All Staff meetings and work with working groups to plan and implement regular All-Staff off-sites
- Participate in regular Leadership Team meetings and provide leadership throughout organization
- Lead and manage Operations Team, provide feedback and management with regular meetings
- Develop Operations OKRs; work with team to set and regularly review, update, and assess progress
People & Culture
- Provide oversight of all People & Culture initiatives at HFNY
- Oversee all recruitment strategies in order to build a strong, diverse and effective staff and culture
- Develop strategies to enhance overall employee satisfaction and retention
- Oversee and manage HFNY’s Growth and Development Program and Performance review process
- Ensure strong employee relationships, policies and procedures, and recruitment efforts are in place
- Manage relationship with HFNY’s Professional Employment Organization (PEO)
- Assess and set HFNY’s benefits strategies in partnership with the CEO
- Work with Controller to develop monthly financial reports
- Liaise with the Board Treasurer and provide regular financial updates to HFNY’s Finance Committee
- Responsible for oversight of all Finance functions at HFNY
- Manage annual budget process; work with Departments to develop and monitor budget
- Review and approve all HFNY check requests; serve as primary signer on checks
- Review and approve monthly organization credit card reconciliations
- Monitor and manage all HFNY financial accounts
- Oversee annual audit process
- Manage external vendor serving as HFNY’s Controller (Your Part-time Controller) and Bookkeeper
Data & Systems
- Oversee direction, policies, and procedures for HFNY’s data management, reporting, and outcomes measurement
- Collaborate with Program Team to define, monitor, and report on key impact metrics
- Collaborate with Mobilization Team to define, monitor, and report on key mobilization metrics
- Ensure that Operations Teams provides reports and data analyses across all teams
- Oversee and/or complete projects related to modifying, updating, and improving existing HFNY systems and processes
- Ensure excellent data management, analytics, and business processes are in place
- Deep commitment to serving the poor and marginalized
- Identify with the Christian faith and attend a local church
- 12+ years of professional experience in nonprofit/business management, operations, strategic consulting, human resources, and/or finance
- Demonstrated success leading the development, implementation, assessment, and improvement of technology, administrative, and organizational development policies
- Knowledge of performance management best practices; experience setting and monitoring organizational outcomes
- Experience in HR and/or Finance preferred
- Ability to work effectively individually and as part of a team
- Ability to provide training, coaching, and support across organization
- Flexible and adaptable; open to feedback and improvement with positive and humble attitude
- Proven ability as a project manager, ability to efficiently deliver results in a timely manner
- Thrives under pressure, remains calm and takes on difficult challenges
- Resourceful and strategic problem-solving ability; takes initiative with solutions
- Consistently delivers on deadlines, and ability to take on multiple projects and tasks
- Strong collaborator; ability to work with multiple teams
- Drive to create systems and continuously improve process
- Excellent interpersonal and relational skills
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
This job is based in New York City and is currently a hybrid position.
OUR CORE VALUES
Collaboration – We work better when we work together. We encourage teamwork, we share goals, and we learn from each other.
Excellence – We are entrusted to do important work so we strive to do our best. We are stewards of the gifts, talents, and resources we have as individuals and as an organization.
Growth – Everyone on our team has been given unique gifts and talents to offer. We are committed to providing opportunities to learn and grow so we can flourish.
Passion – We have Kingdom ambition to catalyze Kingdom renewal. We set big goals because we want to make the biggest impact we can for the poor & marginalized in NYC.
Respect – We share our ideas and listen to the ideas of others. We communicate with humility, candor, respect, and encouragement.
Joy – We nurture a community where there is meaningful work, celebration, appreciation and recognition.
The preceding job description has been designed to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee(s) within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of the employee(s) assigned to this job. Other duties may be added, or this job description amended at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the principal duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the principal duties of the job, except where to do so would cause an undue hardship on Hope for New York’s business operations.
Employment at Hope for New York is at-will, which means that either the employee or Hope for New York can terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. Nothing in this Job Description should be construed to diminish the at-will employment relationship in any manner.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: $98,000 – $130,000/year
To apply for this job please visit hopefornewyork.applytojob.com.