Every year CCDA gathers people like you from all around the world together to share stories, learn from one another and have a great time. Even in the midst of the pandemic, you pivoted with us and we all had a great experience together. This year, as we gather safely and in accordance with local guidelines in Kansas City, we are especially excited to see you after a difficult year for so many of us. I get to hear stories all the time from leaders like you who point to a conversation, a speaker, or an experience at Conference that had an impact on who you are and the work you do. Have you had an experience like that?
For many of you, Conference is a ritual, a regular gathering that is already on your calendar and you registered months ago. For some though, you are still trying to decide whether or not you’ll be joining us. Here are 5 reasons you should register today.
- AMAZING SPEAKERS! Many of you already know this, but our plenary sessions and workshops are filled with amazing speakers who help train, inspire and connect you. They come from diverse backgrounds with diverse perspectives who will challenge you to reimagine how to make a difference in your neighborhood.
While this year’s speaker list isn’t ready to see just yet, a quick glance at the speakers and workshop presenters from the last few years will let you know that this is a CAN’T MISS event! Check out 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017 for a taste of what to expect.
So don’t sleep on this and register today!
- YOU DESERVE THIS! This year has been super hard. With vulgar displays of injustice and inequity in the news everyday and a public health crisis, many leaders like you are exhausted, frustrated, and overwhelmed. You need some time away with other leaders who get it and who know what you’re going through. As you refresh and recharge you’ll have the opportunity to reimagine what is possible in your neighborhood.
Every year we have opportunities to be challenged, to learn, to grow, but also to take care of yourself, to pray, to do some much needed self-care, hang out with friends and experience amazing art. We live out the wholistic CCD principle every year at conference.
You deserve this.
- KANSAS CITY! This city is awesome. Jazz and BBQ was all it took to get my attention, but there is so much more to learn about this incredible city. And learn you will. With local speakers and workshops, and a fantastic central location close to the street car you will have so many opportunities to get to know this amazing city.
Register and check out the hotel now.
- CCDA MEMBERS! You all are a rad bunch of people. You guys do incredible things alongside your neighbors every day. Have you met you?!?!? Well, and I can’t stress this enough, however awesome you are, somewhere in our membership directory, there is someone equally as awesome and they want to meet you! The lobby, the hallway, the edge of that random planter that looks just big enough to sit on if you squint? That’s where some of the best moments in the last 30+ years of conferences have come from. Gathering together. Growing together. Reimagining together. We know this and we even plan for it. There will be chances to meet up, play games, talk, exercise, exchange ideas, etc. Getting to know YOU is my favorite part of my work here at CCDA and I’d love for you to have the same opportunity.
Register now to make a new friend!
- EXHIBITORS AND SPONSORS! Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. But hear me out. CCDA exhibitors and sponsors know us and they know you. They are partners in the work. They provide so many opportunities for you to connect with the resources you need to grow in your work, from incredible learning experiences and resources to supporting operational needs and so much more. Our exhibitors and sponsors come to National Conference because they know how important the work you are doing in your neighborhood is and they want to come alongside and support you.
Register now to meet some great new potential partners!
So those are 5 reasons I think you should attend this year’s incredible conference. What about you? Why do you attend CCDA’s National Conference? Any stories to share from past conferences? Let us know!
P.S. The next price increase is coming up on May 31st so register right away for the best prices