Dr. Rene Padilla and Dr. John M. Perkins were founders of a distinct theo-praxis in their geographic and ministry contexts. Their models of ministry focused on social, economic, political, ecological, and spiritual restoration for the marginalized in Latin America and the US. This event will explore the intersection between the theological contributions of misión integral through the lens of Dr. Rene Padilla and the philosophy of Christian community development through the lens of Dr. John M. Perkins.
In this course, we want to reflect on the personal influences/experiences, the key intellectual shifts, and ministry drives that formed both Dr. Rene Padilla and Dr. John M. Perkins. We want to understand what shapes their ministry philosophies and how they tried to “practice what they preach.”
Life & Thought of Dr. Rene Padilla
Life & Thought of Dr. John M. Perkins
LessonsPanel Discussion about CCD & Misión Integral Reflection Questions
This event was hosted by:
Thank you to our Sponsors!
We could not have done this event without their support.
- Urban Strategies
- Wheaton College Graduate School and The School of Biblical & Theological Studies
- Human Needs and Global Resources (HNGR) at Wheaton College
- The Center for Urban Engagement at Wheaton College
- Bakke Graduate University
- Fuller Centro Latino
- William E. Pannell Center for Black Church Studies at Fuller