Website hopefornewyork Hope for New York
We are fostering a movement of mercy and justice in NYC.
Hope for New York (HFNY) mobilizes volunteer and financial resources to organizations serving the poor and marginalized in New York City. Our vision is a city in which individuals and communities experience spiritual, personal, social, and economic well-being through the demonstration of Christ’s love.
HFNY focuses on expanding and deepening partnerships with faith-based nonprofits in NYC (our affiliates) through financial support, volunteer mobilization, capacity building, and collaborative networks. These efforts resource and strengthen HFNY’s affiliates with the goal that they are thriving and effective, as measured by incorporation of nonprofit best practices, so that the greatest number of the poor and marginalized in NYC can experience holistic flourishing.
ABOUT THE ROLE
HFNY seeks a highly motivated, strategic individual to lead the Program Team at HFNY and oversee grantmaking, capacity building, volunteer programs, and collaborative networks strategy with HFNY affiliates and potential affiliates and partner organizations. The Vice President, Programs is a member of the HFNY Leadership Team and reports to the CEO. The Vice President is responsible for setting effective and innovative strategies and plans for strengthening NYC’s faith-based organizations through our grantmaking, capacity building, volunteer programs, and collaborative networks.
Program Strategy and Leadership
- Work closely with CEO and Leadership Team to develop effective strategies and plans to strengthen NYC faith-based organizations
- Oversee the strategy for and manage the effective implementation of HFNY’s program model – grantmaking, capacity building, volunteer programs, and collaborative networks
Maintain active relationships with key staff at affiliates, in coordination with the Program Team
- Oversee the review and evaluation of grantee proposals to align with HFNY’s grantmaking initiatives
- Evaluate HFNY’s current capacity building work to assess impact and effectiveness of HFNY’s investment
- Review and monitor capacity building metrics and successful accomplishment of goals
- Oversee the assessment of affiliates’ overall volunteer programs, including their ability to effectively recruit, manage, and engage volunteers
- Track and evaluate volunteer engagement outcomes against HFNY organizational strategy and goals as well as each affiliate’s organizational strategy and goals
- Develop new and innovative program elements that support HFNY’s mission, deepen its impact and broaden its reach
- Provide support for a participatory grantmaking committee (Community Grants Circle) of key HFNY stakeholders to leverage their insight to inform the grant process, as well as to educate and equip participants to gain a deeper understanding of HFNY and affiliates’ commitment to mercy and justice in NYC
- Participate in regular Leadership Team meetings and provide leadership throughout organization
- Lead and manage Program Team, provide feedback and management with regular meetings
- Develop the Program Team OKRs; work with team to set and regularly review, update, and assess progress
- Manage Program Team budget, including working with Operations to develop annual budget and monitoring expenses throughout the year
- Conduct annual performance reviews for direct reports
- Work with the Affiliate Committee of the Board of Directors to discuss strategies
- Represent HFNY in the community to foster collaboration and strong partnerships to further HFNY’s mission and initiatives
- Deep commitment to serving the poor and marginalized
- Identify with the Christian faith and attend a local church
- 12+ years of related experience with at least 7 years of experience managing a team
- Experience in in grantmaking, capacity building, program evaluation and outcomes, consulting, strategic development or other related field preferred
- Existing network and deep knowledge of New York City faith-based organizations, nonprofits, churches
- Knowledge of NYC’s grantmaking and philanthropic organizations
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think strategically and programmatically
- Self-starter, quick learner; able to work independently, thrives under pressure and takes on difficult challenges; ability to meet deadlines
- Resourceful and strategic problem-solving ability; takes initiatives with solutions
- Strong project management skills; ability to take an idea from concept to completion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in positions requiring diplomacy in communicating with a broad and diverse audience
- High level of professionalism, maturity and integrity; maintaining tact, discretion and diplomacy with internal and external stakeholders.
- Flexible and adaptable; open to feedback and improvement with a must-have positive and humble attitude
- Excellent teamwork skills; able to work in a highly collaborative environment as a member of multiple teams
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree in related field preferred
This job is based in New York City and is currently a hybrid position.
OUR CORE VALUES
Collaboration – We work better when we work together. We encourage teamwork, we share goals, and we learn from each other.
Excellence – We are entrusted to do important work so we strive to do our best. We are stewards of the gifts, talents, and resources we have as individuals and as an organization.
Growth – Everyone on our team has been given unique gifts and talents to offer. We are committed to providing opportunities to learn and grow so we can flourish.
Passion – We have Kingdom ambition to catalyze Kingdom renewal. We set big goals because we want to make the biggest impact we can for the poor & marginalized in NYC.
Respect – We share our ideas and listen to the ideas of others. We communicate with humility, candor, respect, and encouragement.
Joy – We nurture a community where there is meaningful work, celebration, appreciation and recognition.
The preceding job description has been designed to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee(s) within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of the employee(s) assigned to this job. Other duties may be added, or this job description amended at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the principal duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the principal duties of the job, except where to do so would cause an undue hardship on Hope for New York’s business operations.
Employment at Hope for New York is at-will, which means that either the employee or Hope for New York can terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. Nothing in this Job Description should be construed to diminish the at-will employment relationship in any manner.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: $98,000 – $130,000/year
To apply for this job please visit hopefornewyork.applytojob.com.