Each year, leaders from other parts of the world, including countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, and Latin America, attend CCDA’s National Conference. The growing international interest led to the development of CCDA’s Global Connections Community (GCC).
GCC aspires to build transnational relationships, network with existing CCD work globally, learn from CCD practices in other contexts, respond to international interest, and identify a strategic pathway for CCDA’s growing global involvement.
If you are interested in attending the CCDA National Conference, please note the following:
We encourage you to connect with a global network that promotes church-based Christian Community Development in your country or region. We can direct you to these international groups:
- Micah Network – a global association of hundreds of organizations in 80+ countries pursuing holistic, integral mission – including CCD
- La Red Del Camino – a movement focused on connecting churches & practitioners involved in integral mission in Latin America
- Ray Bakke Associates – building global urban networks (Middle East & Far East)
- InnerCHANGE– Christian order among the poor worldwide
If you have a valid US Visa:
- International practitioners who have valid US visas are invited to participate. If you have a visa and are planning to attend the conference email [email protected]
If you do not have a valid US Visa:
- If you are an international practitioner with a connection to a CCDA leader, you may request a letter of invitation for a US visa application by fulfilling the following requirements:
- Complete the International Invitation Request form.
- To demonstrate a connection to a CCDA leader, CCDA requires a letter of reference completed by said leader (send as PDF to [email protected]). We recommend this is completed within a week of the submission of your invitation request.
- Requests will be reviewed by the Global Connections Committee monthly. If approved, invitations will be generated at the beginning of each month (one addressed to the US Consulate, and one addressed to you). CCDA will email all invitations.
- We request to be informed if and when your visa is approved. Please contact Candace Obadina at [email protected] if you have obtained a visa and plan to attend the conference.
- Deadline to submit application and letter of reference: June 30, 2019
CCDA will consider only 5 applications per global ministry. If you are applying on behalf of several people, please be sure to choose those who you feel have the best chance of meeting our criteria and receiving a visa.
CCDA cannot provide any financial assistance for travel or conference expenses. However, we will waive your conference registration fee. Once you have confirmed your attendance, CCDA will process your registration.
All international attendees are responsible for making their own travel and lodging arrangements. Please forward your travel and lodging details to Candace Obadina at [email protected]