We bring youth HOPE!
The Youth Director ministers to the spiritual, social, physical, and emotional needs of 6th – 12th grade
students involved in YouthHope through building and maintaining authentic relationships, evangelism, and
holistic ministry. Bring youth HOPE!
• Provide leadership, example, and lifestyle of Jesus Christ.
• Build authentic relationships; actively pursue low-income youth for Christ.
• Engage the community as a YouthHope staff and ambassador.
• Be available and present to youth and families.
• Report to Director of Youth Centers.
• Plan, prepare, implement, and evaluate programs for youth. Make them relevant to their
age and creative to enhance their learning.
• Develop small groups to help teens grow in Christ.
• Develop a continued vision for expansion of community outreach.
• Develop and work with other staff in leadership, enrichment, and creative arts programs to
challenge youth in life development.
• Oversee and continue One2One program, planning, and camp partnership.
• Assist with summer camp planning, programing and registration as needed.
• Communicate with youth and their families to discuss spiritual and emotional needs, assist
them in seeking additional professional help if needed.
• Develop summer programing for youth at the center and in the community.
• Schedule special events, trips, and retreats at Camp Summit.
• Work in partnership with other staff on joint programming, training, and outreach.
• Recruit and train volunteers to by utilizing resources, recommendations, and experience.
• Oversee part-time staff in youth programs at the Moline Youth Center.
• Help with training new staff and volunteers.
• Track and submit reports for youth grants, attendance, progress, and results.
• Oversee and operate youth food program with YMCA.
• Work with churches and organizations in the community to create partnership programs.
• Help oversee Moline Youth Center needs.
• Keep center and vehicles cleaned and presentable.
• Hold, attend and participate in regular staff meetings with Director of Youth Centers and
• Represent Moline Youth Center for volunteer days, banquet, and special events.
• Be open to other duties as assigned by Director of Youth Centers.
• Committed Christian; called into urban ministry by God.
• Bachelor’s Degree desired.
• Prior experience with youth ministry; energetic, flexible, encouraging, and creative.
• Ability to drive commercial vehicles and transport youth. (Must be at least 21 years old.)
• Willing to work 40+ hours, second shift schedule including evenings and Saturdays.
• Member of or regularly attend a local Christian church.
• Participate in raising support for self and the ministry.
• At least a two-year commitment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org