We bring youth HOPE!
The Director of Youth Centers’ primary responsibility will be to oversee the development and implementation of a
holistic ministry for low-income children, youth, and families through outreach at the two youth centers: Moline
and Rock Island, Illinois which serve hundreds of youth weekly.
• Lead the two youth centers in a way honorable to God.
• Be responsible for the operation of the centers.
• Develop a holistic program for the centers.
• Supervise six directors of children, youth, REIMAGINE, and CRE8 Studios at the centers.
• Reports to YouthHope’s Executive Director
Plan and direct all programs and functions of the YouthHope Youth Centers, ministering to the spiritual, physical,
social, and emotional needs of all children and youth.
• Develop clear goals and direction for all functions of the Moline & Rock Island Youth Centers.
• Lead and participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of Youth Centers programs.
• Provide leadership and a biblically based holistic program for children and youth leaders.
• Develop and maintain a system that helps bring children and youth hope through Christ.
• Train and supervise full-time staff and volunteers for Food Pantry and Children’s Bookroom.
• Provide for the overall welfare and safety of program participants.
• Oversee general functions of the facility; calendar events, activities and programs, and lead clubs in and
out of the Center.
• Perform related administrative/clerical duties.
• Represent YouthHope to the community in public relations and fundraising efforts.
• Oversee grants and grant reporting.
• Oversee food program partnership with the YMCA.
• Participate in other aspects of YH outreach as requested by the Executive Director.
• Develop and implement recruiting strategies to fill open positions.
• Work with staff to create a yearly program plan, budget and capital needs.
• Recruit, hire, and train staff in programs, filling in programs and helping staff as needed.
• Facilitating staff meetings and hold regular check ins with staff.
• Prepare monthly board reports.
Committed Christian; called into urban ministry by God.
• Experienced leader, manager, and strategic planner, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability.
• Ability to recognize and develop the gifts of others, to build trust and to foster unity.
• Self-driven and passionate.
• Ability to create, clearly communicate and carry out plans.
• Two or more years’ experience developing youth and children ministries with measurable results.
• Willing to work 40+ hours, frequently including afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
• Ability to drive commercial vehicles and transport youth. (age 21 and above)
• At least a two-year commitment.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Member of or regularly attend a local Christian church.
• Participate in raising support for self and the ministry.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org