Website World Relief Memphis
World Relief is a global Christian humanitarian organization that is fighting for change that lasts, right here in the U.S. and across the globe. We bring sustainable solutions to the world’s greatest problems – disasters, extreme poverty, violence, oppression, and mass displacement. The organization is approximately 75 years old and has worked in over 100 countries around the world since its founding.
In the United States, we come alongside local churches, community organizations and hundreds of individual volunteers to support newly arriving refugee and other immigrant families. Today, we are proud to partner with over 6,000 local churches, and 95,000 volunteers globally to bring hope, healing and transformation to the most vulnerable.
World Relief is a unique and invigorating place to work. We are looking for talented, ambitious and collaborative people to come alongside our mission, vision and values as we partner with churches to empower the most vulnerable in the world. We hope these resources provide more insight into your hiring journey with us.
Are you a person who demonstrates innovation, hospitality, and grit? Someone who stands up for the rights of the vulnerable, and speaks out for the marginalized, the exploited and the forgotten? World Relief is doing big things, and we believe in our calling as Christians to welcome the least of these and love our neighbor. World Relief seeks a highly talented Holistic Support Specialist with the desire to walk alongside newcomers as they navigate the many different systems in the U.S. The ideal candidate is solution-based, kind-hearted, innovative, and enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment.
The Holistic Support Specialist will work with refugees and immigrants to achieve holistic self-sufficiency and integration. The primary responsibilities of this position will include assisting clients to complete personalized goal plans to remove barriers to self-sufficiency and cultural adjustment, providing support on managing appointments, navigating health and wellness goals, progressing towards naturalization, and connecting clients to appropriate community resources.
Compensation: $21 per hour
Role & Responsibilities
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide direct client care and case management to refugee and immigrant caseload
- Enroll clients into relevant programs including completing assessments and developing service plans to track progress of goal achievement
- Assist clients in accessing community resources
- Provide orientation on various life skills topics (budgeting, paying rent/utilities, riding the bus, scheduling medical appointments, etc.)
- Encourage participants to work towards self-sufficiency and early employment (if applicable)
- Work to ensure client enrollment to public benefits (as applicable), enrollment in ESL classes, and encourage clients to engage in further integration programs and legal services
- Perform home visits and evaluations to identify and address barriers to successful resettlement and integration during service period
- Operate as a cultural broker between volunteers, church groups, service providers and refugees
- Actively work toward the mission of World Relief to empower the local church through engagement of local churches and volunteers
- Maintain regular communication with clients through phone calls, emails, and office visits
- Maintain and complete detailed and accurate records of client files, case notes, and reporting records and submit monthly program reports in compliance with state and federal funding partners
- Participate in staff meetings, ongoing training, and other staff development opportunities
Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of case management processes; extremely detail-orientated; excellent time management skills
- Proficiency in Spanish, Swahili, Dari, or Kinyarwanda highly desired
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous professional experience in social services sector strongly preferred
- Previous case management experience preferred
- Skill and sensitivity working with people from various backgrounds and beliefs
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and resolve problems/issues promptly and effectively
- Ability to work well on a team in a synergistic work environment, a flexible and motivated team player
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and organize in a fast paced and fluid environment
- Mature and personal Christian faith
- Committed to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief
- Desire to serve and empower the Church to impact vulnerable communities
- Able to affirm and/or acknowledge World Reliefs Core Beliefs, Statement of Faith, Christian Identity and National Evangelicals For the Health of The Nation document
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to an insured vehicle required
- Must be able to pass a background check and MVR check
- Experience in computer skills (Email, Word, Excel, Microsoft 365, Teams, and Zoom)
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, public health or equivalent experience in related fields
- 1-2 years directly relevant work experience, either in case management, public health, or other relevant social services
World Relief offers a competitive benefits package (25 hours + per week):
World Relief contributes to monthly premiums:
-Offer 16 Paid Holidays!
– Paid Sick and Vacation Time
– Paid Parental Leave (12 weeks for qualified employees)
-FSAs: Medical & Dependent Care, & Commuter Funding
-Supplemental Life Insurance (employee, spouse, and children)
-Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident insurance policies
World Relief pays 100% for eligible employees:
-Group Term Life (employee, spouse, and children)
-Long Term & Short-term Disability
-Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
-Long Distance Travel Insurance
-Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
World Relief – Retirement:
-401K & Roth
-WR matches up to 4%, then an additional quarter percent up to 10%
-Eligibility: Full Time is eligible after 3 months of employment. Part time is eligible after 1000 hours in a year.
World Relief Discounts (Immediately Eligible):
-Pet Insurance through Nationwide
-Home and Auto insurance through Liberty Mutual
-Working Advantage Discount Program
World Relief is honored to be recognized with the Cigna Healthy Workforce Designation, Silver Level for meeting or exceeding the core components of our well-being program including leadership and culture, program foundations, program execution, and whole person health.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations
- The ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-15 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information.
- The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- General office setting. World Relief also offers hybrid and remote schedules for limited positions.
- Great lengths of time working on computer, reading from computer screen, entering information, standing at copier or fax machine, and some time on the phone or in virtual meetings may be required.
- Year-end archiving activities involve repeated lifting and bending.
- Physical, emotional and intellectual demands
- Equipment used: Employee computer (desktop or laptop), printer, and copier.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation.
- All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and is always under review.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
For World Relief staff, strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief is essential, and Christian faith is a prerequisite for employment, based upon United States federal guidelines provided in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Legal Background in the United States
World Relief is both an equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. World Relief strictly prohibits and does not tolerate unlawful discrimination against employees on the basis of person’s race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law, which does not conflict with the protections afforded World Relief as a faith-based employer.
In addition, physical or mental limitations will not be a factor in the application of World Relief’s employment policies or employee practices, except for those situations in which occupational requirement make consideration of such factors necessary.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a) World Relief has the right to, and does, hire only candidates who agree with World Relief’s Statement of Faith.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.