World Relief is a global Christian humanitarian organization that is fighting for change that lasts, right here in the U.S. and across the globe. We bring sustainable solutions to the world’s greatest problems – disasters, extreme poverty, violence, oppression, and mass displacement. The organization is approximately 75 years old and has worked in over 100 countries around the world since its founding.
In the United States, we come alongside local churches, community organizations and hundreds of individual volunteers to support newly arriving refugee and other immigrant families. Today, we are proud to partner with over 6,000 local churches, and 95,000 volunteers globally to bring hope, healing and transformation to the most vulnerable.
Are you a person of compassion? An advocate for justice? Someone who stands up for the rights of the vulnerable and speaks out for the marginalized, the exploited and the forgotten? Do you believe in our calling as Christians to welcome the least of these and love our neighbor?
If you answered ‘yes’, to any of the above, World Relief, and millions of people around the world need you.
This position will coordinate World Relief Chicagoland’s efforts occurring at each of its three locations (Chicago, DuPage, and Aurora) to serve immigrants recently arrived through the southern border. The Project Manager will coordinate case management service provision as well as be responsible for accurately tracking and documenting program service provision and ensuring the fulfillment of grant reporting and documentation requirements. This position requires travel to all three Chicagoland office locations.
Local candidates only (must be able to commute to local office)
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ensure that eligible immigrants as desired receive public benefits, access to medical appointments, WIC services, obtain clothing & household items, and are enrolled in English classes
• Regularly review case documentation and case files to ensure grant compliance and appropriate and timely service delivery
• Coordinate with Grants Manager to ensure that monthly reporting to grantor is accurate, timely, and includes all relevant data
• Regularly communicate with grantors to fulfill information requests
• Attend and represent World Relief at all program-related meetings organized by outside entities
• Receive and transmit programmatic updates to share with staff working within the SBA program
• Provide updates on the SBA program to other departments within World Relief as will be beneficial
• Coordinate aspects of the Immigrant Family Support Program occurring within SBA included training of staff on application process, communicating for state entities, and managing the distribution process
• Provide case management assistance as needed that may include:
o Conduct comprehensive assessments with immigrant families, develop individual service plans, and facilitate connections to appropriate services
o Assist immigrants in scheduling and attending appointments with social service and medical providers, at times providing transportation
o Provide mediation services between immigrants and outside entities (i.e., neighbors, landlords, volunteers, service providers, etc.)
o Provide education/orientation to families around paying housing and utility bills and connect them to financial resources when appropriate
• Actively participate in department meetings, staff development opportunities, program trainings, community activities, and organizational events
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Highly self-motivated with strong follow-through and ability to work independently
• Adaptable and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Strong organizational skills and ability to maintain detailed, accurate records
• Strong mediation and problem-solving skills
• Cross-cultural experience and/or knowledge of the refugee/immigrant experience
• Direct-service experience with vulnerable populations preferred
• Excellent communication skills with people of varying English levels
• Fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred
• MSW or BSW preferred
• Understanding of social service provision in Illinois and Chicago
• Comfortable working in a team environment
Mature and personal Christian faith
Committed to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief
Desire to serve and empower the Church to impact vulnerable communities
Able to affirm and/or acknowledge World Reliefs Core Beliefs, Statement of Faith, Christian Identity and National Evangelicals For the Health of The Nation document
Bachelor’s degree or one year experience working in an office environment similar to social services
MS Office skills required
Valid driver’s license, and ability/willingness to drive 15-passenger van required
Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional early mornings, evenings, and/or weekends
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.