Website Urban Impact
Breaking Cycles. Building Hope
Urban Impact’s mission is to partner with families and communities to break the cycle of social, material, and spiritual poverty. Our vision is to see all families reconciled to God, where everyone is engaged and thriving in community.
The objective of the Resident Services Coordinator is to provide support to the residents of Emerald City Commons (ECC), Urban Impact’s 61-unit affordable housing complex, by planning and facilitating programs and events at ECC. ECC Resident Services is an outreach program of Urban Impact’s church hub, Emerald City Bible Fellowship. The Resident Services Coordinator plays a key role in fostering further engagement and support from the Emerald City Bible Fellowship church body.
General Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide on-site homework help to students’ grades K-8 during our Homework Club.
- Plan and implement the ECC Holiday Party (December), Neighborhood Block Party Health and Resource Fair (May), and the National Night Out Against Crime (August).
- Plan Community Nights for the residents of ECC the second Friday of the month.
- Oversee volunteer recruiting, training and coordinating for ECC programs and events
- Be a liaison for the residents and Property Manager
- Provide residents with service resources and referrals as needed.
- Meet regularly with supervisor, [email protected] Community Development and Outreach Director (CDOD)
- Meet weekly with Mercy Housing’s RSC and Property Manager to discuss resident issues
- Attend monthly UI Staff Meetings (as scheduled)
- Attend church staff meetings once a month
- Attend Foundations for Ministry trainings at ECBF (bi-annually)
- Promote opportunities for ECBF members to engage in community development and outreach programs at ECC.
- Mandatory Reporter (see Abuse Prevention Policy)
- Complete reports, tracking, evaluations, etc. related to programs and events.
- Exercise spiritual accountability either through church or other means
- Actively promote UI mission and vision as inherently tied to the ECBF mission and vision
- Work to quickly resolve any/all conflicts for the sake of cultivating a safe and healthy working environment.
- Professing and active follower of Jesus
- Committed to spiritual development and maturity
- Practitioner of cultural humility and racial reconciliation
- Ability to effectively carry out quality programs for the residents at ECC.
- Ability to work well and communicate with parents
- Knowledge of Christian Community Development Principles
- Ability to work with children ages 5-18
- Has a collaborative approach to program development
- Effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Committed to professional development
- Ability to effectively recruit, develop and support volunteers
- Experience keeping updated records and data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Agree to be an active member and regular attender of Emerald City Bible Fellowship
- Demonstrated average of 2 years of experience working with diverse, multi-cultural and socioeconomic communities, families and individuals
- Demonstrated experience and acquired training in cultural competency and racial equity.
- Experience working in a church setting
- Experience with leadership training and professional development
- Experience in creating and implementing effective programs
- Experience working with Google Drive
- Preferred candidate will live within 10 miles of Urban Impact (7728 Rainier Ave. S. Seattle)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org