We're on a mission to end hopelessness among teens
Donor Engagement Manager
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Strategic Development
WORK HOURS: Monday – Friday; typical business hours (8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.) with flexibility for events/activities. Hybrid work schedule.
TreeHouse is on a mission to end hopelessness among teens. Through safe, grace-based environments and one-to-one mentoring, teens build resilience, form healthy relationships, establish positive coping skills, and actively plan for their futures. Transformation happens from the inside out as teens come to believe they are lovable, capable, and worthwhile. Our vision is for every teen to be rooted in the living hope of Jesus—unleashing untold potential in themselves and their communities.
TreeHouse culture includes a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), and staff are grounded in the core values of GRACE (Growth, Relationships, Authenticity, Community, Empowerment). Both determine how we build healthy relationships with diverse populations of teens, alumni, donors, colleagues, volunteers, network sites, and the general public. TreeHouse is growing to lead the nation as a training and equipping organization, currently serving more than 3,000 teens annually across more than 50 sites in 10 states.
GENERAL TREEHOUSE STAFF REQUIREMENT
By God’s grace, TreeHouse staff live out Christian faith and values in ways that are consistent with the teachings of Scripture, and by participating in a fellowship of believers for spiritual enrichment, encouragement, support, and accountability.
The Donor Engagement Manager is a part of the TreeHouse Development Team, which is responsible for driving revenue for the organization. Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Strategic Development, the Donor Engagement Manager is responsible for the entry-level gift strategy. This position will secure gifts by cultivating, stewarding, and retaining a large portfolio of entry to mid-level donors ($500-$2,500 annual giving range), while identifying donors who can move to increased levels of giving. The position will also play an integral role in stewarding all donors (regardless of gift level) and prospecting to position them for long-term and/or increased giving to TreeHouse.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
● Plan, execute, and track moves within a portfolio of donors and engaged prospects, resulting in high level of gift closures a year
● Design and implement development strategies to maintain a portfolio, involving relevant colleagues where necessary
● Work with the donor systems team to create effective Salesforce reporting and maintain current tracking tools
● Leverage digital communication tools to renew and acquire donations, and engage constituent groups
● Manage and oversee Circle of Hope, TreeHouse’s monthly giving program
● Work with the grants team to organize and track grants
● Leverage prospect pipelines, and utilize CRM database (Salesforce) and related systems to understand trends, anticipate opportunities, identify prospects, demonstrate activity, and track progress
● Stay up-to-date on established and emerging practices, tools, and tactics in fundraising, donor experience programs, and digital communications
● Assists with the daily functions of the development team
● Create and maintain a stewardship program including holding teen Thankathon events
● Work closely with internal cross-functional teams to ensure successful execution of events and to meet event goals and objectives
● Assist in fundraising events, including managing TreeWhat programs
● Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Director of Strategic Development including donor research and collaborating to create donor acquisition strategies.
● Mature faith in Jesus Christ which is compatible with the TreeHouse statement of faith and philosophy of ministry
● Bachelor’s degree required with a focus on fundraising, communications, public relations, nonprofit management, or related field. An equivalent combination of education, training, or experience in a non-profit setting will be considered.
● Two to five years of development, marketing or client-facing experience
● Strong interpersonal skills (emotional intelligence) and the ability to be highly adaptable, forging positive working relationships with a wide variety of people in a non-profit environment
● Ability to manage changing priorities with a positive, collaborative attitude
● Self-motivated with ability to meet deadlines independently and as part of a team
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Sound judgment and understanding of confidentiality
● Must have a commitment to learning and participation in TreeHouse’s diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) efforts.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Google, and Salesforce
● This full time, salaried position pays between $55,000 and $70,000 annually depending on experience and qualifications. TreeHouse’s comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees includes; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off (PTO), and employee assistance program.
To apply for this position, visit www.treehousehope.org/careers
Position is open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org