Website Promise Academy
Wise. Creative. Compassionate. Christ-centered. Leaders.
At Promise Academy, we are all the crew, not passengers. Thus, we are all pulling together for the whole growth of the children here, for the success of the school, and for the glory of GOD. Through God’s grace, we are pursuing an atmosphere of joy and trust in a multicultural, multiethnic, interdenominational ministry.
As Development Director for Promise Academy (PA) you will be responsible for leading the efforts in raising the necessary funds as we fulfill our mission of an exemplary education for our students. This will be accomplished through stewarding the individuals and organizations that are currently invested in PA and proactively building relationships to connect people to the organization and mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with the PA Head of School, Board of Directors, Advisory Council, and consultants to develop and execute fundraising plans
- Manages all development activities including PA Student Partnerships, corporate sponsorships, fundraising events, endowment and capital campaigns, as well as special projects/events
- Serves as a face of the school to ministry partners
- Cultivates and stewards relationships with current supporters
- Participates in Tyler community in order to identify and nurture potential donors to increase donor base
- Manages foundation and corporation grant processes. Oversees and coordinates with needed participants to create, apply, and report on the grants
- Maintains and updates the donor database to ensure proper recording, classification, and acknowledgement of all monies received by donors
- Develops collateral materials such as donor letters, newsletters and brochures
- Manages communications media and community relations/requests, working with the Head of School on media releases, social media, print and TV media, etc.
- Keeps informed of developments in philanthropy and fund development as well as the general fields of management and the not-for-profit sector through continuing education locally and nationally
- Proactively involves board members and assists board members in identifying, building and maintaining relationships with potential donors
- Coordinates and attends PA Board Meetings to report on Fundraising efforts
- Assists the Board and Head of School with strategic financial planning
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform this job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and five to ten years related experience and/or training in fundraising, marketing, or development; or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) or similar is a plus
- Maintains active, good-standing membership in local chapter of Association of Fundraising Professionals
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Exemplifies both organizational skills and a strong interpersonal and relational orientation
- Upholds discretion and maintains donor, constituent, and organizational confidentiality
- Manages time efficiently, prioritizes tasks, follows detailed instructions, takes initiative, and exercises independent judgment when appropriate in completing assigned tasks
- Works with board members and team members throughout the school
- Manages people and volunteers; delegates tasks and supervises progress
- Communicates in a personable & professional manner and establishes immediate rapport
- Executes with excellent computer skills including Excel, Salesforce (database), MailChimp
- Contributes to an atmosphere where staff, volunteers, donors, and families are connected to the mission and vision of the school and relationships are strengthened
And like all Promise staff, the Development Director…
- Recognizes the dignity and value of all image bearers and lives out the unconditional love of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, walking with and empowering children and families.
- Empathizes and advocates for the children, families, and communities that we serve through a lens of wisdom, creativity, and compassion.
- Understands and communicates the value of Christ-centered education.
- Is called to the ministry of the Gospel of Jesus & equipped by God with gifts for ministry.
- Lives out Gospel-centered personal and community development.
- Performs duties with timeliness and excellence.
- Receives feedback with humility and immediate action.
- Attends Promise Academy professional development as assigned.
- Attends Promise Academy parent and fundraising events.
Salary Range with opportunity for growth: $58,000- $62,000
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org