Website New City Church of Los Angeles
Position: Interim Pastor – New City Church of Los Angeles
New City Church of Los Angeles (NCCLA) is seeking a full-time Interim Pastor to minister to their church community during their search for a new, permanent Lead Pastor.
The complete job description for this position (hosted on Google Drive) may be found at: https://tinyurl.com/2a8s4bwj.
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Employment: Full Time, Temporary
Church Size: 100 to 150 people
Estimated Start Date: December 11, 2023
Estimated End Date: June 30, 2023 – may vary due to timeline of permanent lead pastor search
About New City Church of Los Angeles
New City Church of Los Angeles (https://newcitychurchla.com) is a diverse and inclusive church centered on the good news of Jesus Christ. Since 2008, our church has built a community in downtown Los Angeles. We strive to be a warm and welcoming home to people of all races, ages, sexual orientations, socioeconomic statuses, and housing statuses, building community across differences, from Skid Row to the downtown lofts.
- Our church is richly multi-ethnic – there is no majority ethnic group and we are committed to equity and anti-racism.
- Our unhoused neighbors are integral members of our community.
- We respect all immigrants and welcome them as vital members of our community.
- Our church embraces egalitarianism. All genders may serve in leadership and fully participate in church life, and we believe having women in key leadership roles, including as pastors, elders, and teachers, is integral to building the Kingdom.
- In our journey toward greater inclusion, in 2018, New City’s Elder Board welcomed our LGBTQ members to serve in leadership. In 2020, the Board determined that each pastor may decide based on his or her conscience whether or not to officiate same-sex weddings and provide marriage counseling services.
Our commitment to caring for all people is reflected in our core belief in the gospel of Jesus Christ, the boundless love of God, and the authority of Scripture. See our website, https://newcitychurchla.com, for additional information about our beliefs and community.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted through Wednesday, November 29th, 2023.
To apply, the following materials should be submitted to the NCCLA Elder Board via e-mail at [email protected], using the subject line “Application for Interim Pastor Position:”
- Cover letter (please include your personal story of transformation)
- File or link to sample audio or video of sermons/teaching
- Three references, at least two of which must be able to speak to your ministerial experience
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org