Website Madison Church: South Hill Campus
Following Christ Together as Diverse Communities
Madison Church: South Hill Campus
Job Description: Director of Youth Ministry
Primary Purpose: To present youth with the love of Jesus and equip them to grow in their gifts as disciples of Christ, and to equip and empower youth leaders to invest in the lives of young people in a cross-cultural environment.
Hours: Part time; 25 hours per week.
Accountable to: South Hill Campus Pastor
Gift Set: Teaching, discipleship, administration, leadership development
Education and Experience:
● A minimum of associates degree or equivalent is preferred
● A minimum of three years of youth ministry experience in a church and/or organizational setting is desirable
Duties and Responsibilities: Provides leadership and support for the youth ministry of Madison Church in collaboration with the Square Campus Director of Youth Ministry.
This position is housed within the South Hill campus staff structure, but includes multisite responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
● Participate in weekly Sunday morning gathering times and
○ Develop relationships with youth and their families
○ Give voice to youth ministry in service, including empowering
teenagers to share their gifts and participate
○ Provide and develop relationship based ministry for South Hill youth
○ Reach out, connect with, and visit South youth where they are at including school visits, sporting events, and home visits (with parents present), with particular outreach to young people who may not be engaged in all site youth group activities
○ Develop site specific discipleship opportunities for South Hill youth in collaboration with volunteers and other South Hill staff
○ Discern the development of multisite presence with occasional visits to a non-South Hill Campus (North and Square)
● Co-lead and co-develop Multisite Middle and High School Youth Groups on Wednesday and Sunday evenings in partnership with the Square campus Director of Youth Ministry. (note: although the Square campus Director will take a larger portion of the leadership and development of these groups due to being a full time staff member, the two positions will closely collaborate in the leadership of both youth groups)
○ Recruit, equip and build a community of leaders who are passionate about investing in students.
○ Develop and coordinate weekly programming and ensure that all teaching materials and programming are compatible with our church’s Vision, Mission, Shared Values and Beliefs.
○ Develop and co-lead youth group field trips as well as longer special events and trips on an annual basis (including but not limited to the College and Justice tour, summer trips, and the Where You At conference)
○ Create and maintain clear communication with families (meetings, phone calls, emails, etc).
○ Engage and encourage youth through social media
○ Work with the Directors of Children’s Ministries across all campuses to develop clear steps for transitioning students from Elementary through High School.
● Be regularly present at South Hill staff meetings as part of the campus staff, and collaborate with staff across all Madison campuses particularly in regards to all site youth group development
● Collaborate with organizational partners (such as GRIL, ICCF Community Homes and the YMCA), and maintain a strong outreach posture in youth ministry
● Collaborate with the South Hill campus pastor in leading stand up / profession of faith / baptism for South Hill youth
● Plan and manage an annual youth ministry budget
● Create margin to rest, reflect and dream over the future of youth ministry with the Square campus Director of Youth Ministry, leadership, teams, and students
● Be a mature Christian and a member (or willing to become a member) of Madison Church: South Hill campus
● Be in agreement with Madison’s vision, mission, values and beliefs; comfortable with reformed theology and committed to antiracism and Biblical justice
● Must be passionate about supporting holistic thriving of teenagers and understand the spiritual, emotional and physical needs of adolescent students. Previous success in youth ministry is preferred.
● Possesses strong interpersonal, communication, administrative and organizational skills.
● Must have successful experiences in a multicultural organization and possess the ability to build relationships and discipline effectively in diverse environments.
● Has experience managing others and desires to be a team player.
● Must be self-motivated, energetic, creative and able to plan and implement ministry goals.
● A collaborative self-starter and team player that exhibits motivation to work with teams across all Madison sites, as well as with our partner organizations
● Comfortable with Google Suite and other basic technological applications
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com