Hope for New York (HFNY) mobilizes volunteer and financial resources to organizations serving the poor and marginalized in New York City. Our vision is a city in which individuals and communities experience spiritual, personal, social and economic well-being through the demonstration of Christ’s love.
HFNY focuses on expanding and deepening partnerships with faith-based nonprofits in NYC (our affiliates) through financial support, volunteer mobilization, capacity building, and collaborative networks. These efforts resource and strengthen HFNY’s affiliates with the goal that they are thriving and effective, as measured by incorporation of nonprofit best practices, so that the greatest number of the poor and marginalized in NYC can experience holistic flourishing.
ABOUT THE ROLE
HFNY seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual to support the work of the Program Team. The Senior Coordinator, Programs is a part of the HFNY Program Team and receives direct supervision from the Senior Director, Programs. The candidate should be organized, a strong communicator, and motivated by the opportunity to support HFNY’s nonprofit partners as they work to see every New Yorker flourish.
Support for Program Team Initiatives
- Coordinates program-related aspects of HFNY-wide projects (site visit coordination, meetings & event management)
- Coordinates agenda, takes notes, and sends follow-ups from Program Team meetings
- Develops templates for recurring Program Team activities/tasks
- Supports staff in credit card reconciliations
- Liaises with Operations staff to provide regular budget updates to Program Team
- Performs general administrative functions including grant process (check requests, award letters, grant agreements)
- Maintains and updates affiliate files, including grant applications and reports
- Maintains data quality across PT databases (add/update contacts, update affiliate info, etc across systems/platforms including Salesforce, Fluxx, Asana, etc.)
- Manages projects as needed
- Creates campaigns (Salesforce/Pardot) and sends Program Team related emails
- Creates and innovates affiliate newsletter content
- Manages affiliate google group list management/implementation
- Oversees new affiliate interest form process on HFNY website and oversee communications process with these organizations on the status of affiliation
- Fields and directs inquiries (phone & email) from our stakeholders (including internal HFNY staff and affiliates)
- Updates Program Team-related webpages and communication
Meeting and Event Logistics
- Oversees logistics for major Program Team events (His Toy Store, Don’t Walk By, other seasonal events, info sessions, packing projects, etc)
- Schedules meetings and events for Program Team (including reserving rooms)
- Assists with on-site event execution, as needed
- Places catering orders; accepts and sets up food for meetings/events
- Manages room/venue set up; ensures meeting organizers have necessary IT and A/V equipment
- Enters all external participants in building security system; create name tags for participants
- Manage data entry for events, including attendee information, follow-up, etc
- Deep commitment to serving the poor and marginalized
- Identify with the Christian faith and attend a local church
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Ability to build strong relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think strategically and programmatically
- Self-starter, quick-learner; able to work independently, thrives under pressure and takes on difficult challenges; ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in positions requiring diplomacy in communicating with a broad and diverse audience
- High level of professionalism, maturity, and integrity; maintaining tact, discretion, and diplomacy with internal and external stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable; open to feedback and improvement with a must-have positive and humble attitude
- Excellent teamwork skills; able to work in a highly collaborative environment as a member of multiple teams
- Familiarity with NYC’s nonprofit sector and faith-based community a plus
- Experience with email communications preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
This job is based in New York City and is currently a hybrid position.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Collaboration – We work better when we work together. We encourage teamwork, we share goals, and we learn from each other.
- Excellence – We are entrusted to do important work so we strive to do our best. We are stewards of the gifts, talents, and resources we have as individuals and as an organization.
- Growth – Everyone on our team has been given unique gifts and talents to offer. We are committed to providing opportunities to learn and grow so we can flourish.
- Passion – We have Kingdom ambition to catalyze Kingdom renewal. We set big goals because we want to make the biggest impact we can for the poor & marginalized in NYC.
- Respect – We share our ideas and listen to the ideas of others. We communicate with humility, candor, respect, and encouragement.
- Joy – We nurture a community where there is meaningful work, celebration, appreciation and recognition.
The preceding job description has been designed to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of the employee(s) assigned to this job. Other duties may be added, or this job description amended at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the principal duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the principal duties of the job, except where to do so would cause an undue hardship on Hope for New York’s business operations.
Employment at Hope for New York is at-will, which means that either the employee or Hope for New York can terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. Nothing in this Job Description should be construed to diminish the at-will employment relationship in any manner.
Reports to: Senior Director, Programs
Salary: From $58,000 – $65,000/year
To apply for this job please visit hopefornewyork.applytojob.com.