Objective: Responsible for planning, overseeing, and implementing CYMT’s external and internal marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities. Serve as CYMT’s lead story teller.
Supervision: Reports to the Executive Director
Supervises: Supports departmental communications coordinators
Hours/Compensation: Full-Time (40 hours per week), compensation based on experience
Marketing & Communications Responsibilities:
- Manages, evaluates, and implements marketing plans including promotional calendars and new product introductions while ensuring strong internal communication on marketing progress
- Cultivates a consistent voice for CYMT across multiple platforms including, but not limited to social media, website, digital advertising, email marketing, and print collateral.
- Collects stories from partner ministries, residents, staff, and alumni and develops communication strategies that share these effectively across channels.
- Works in collaboration with each team to identify marketing goals, brand story, and target audiences. Creates a lead-generation and sales strategy as needed, in coordination with the Senior Director of Resource Development for the: Graduate Residency, Innovation Lab, Resources – Theology Together and Faith Forming Families, Development
- Ensures the development of branding, core messaging, and organizational identity
- Oversees and implements communications and media strategies that successfully deliver information and key messages to the public: Reviews all print and digital marketing media; Manages copy changes and updates to CYMT-owned websites, as well as edits and approves new articles and blog posts; Develops and manages relationships with designers, consultants, and other suppliers including contract negotiation
- Ensures communication materials support CYMT’s goals to reach and support diverse communities of faith and leaders
- Evaluates and reports on success of marketing efforts through analytics and data tracking
- Approves the posting of all social media content. Can work with social media scheduling software to schedule content in advance.
- Regularly researches best digital marketing practices, stays on top of trends and updates, can discern what practices work best for CYMT audiences and our platforms.
- Works with teams and design contractors to support the editorial direction, design oversight, production and distribution of all CYMT publications and products.
- Manages marketing and communication budget
- Implements HubSpot marketing tools within all communication channels and strategies
- Ensures that marketing files, images, and videos are organized and accessible to staff on our shared drive.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or communications
- 5+ years of proven experience in communications, marketing, strategic planning, team and project management
- Commitment to join our team’s diversity, equity, and inclusion journey
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to motivate and influence others
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- High competence in project and stakeholder management
- Attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible in a growing and fast-moving environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Keynote, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign), and Social Media web platforms
- HubSpot proficiency is preferred
- Asana proficiency is preferred
- WordPress experience is not required but highly desirable
- Flexible schedule with remote work options.
- Paid Vacation, and personal, professional development days. Employees who work 40 hours a week are eligible for 15 vacation days a year, 12 personal days per year, and up to 10 days per year for professional development activities.
- Holidays include New Year’s Day; Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day; Labor Day; Thanksgiving Day & Thanksgiving Friday, and December 24 through January 1 every year.
- Replenishment plan eligibility for soul care after 6 months of employment.
- Health insurance option
- 2% cash benefit retirement contribution
- Remote worker stipend for remote employees
- Staff development opportunities
Location: We have offices in Brentwood, TN. We are open to remote work with the right candidate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org