The 2012 National Conference will be held at the Hilton Minneapolis:
View Larger Map
Out-of-town conference attendees must arrange their own lodging during the event. There are several lodging options:
The Hilton Minneapolis is the primary venue for the 2012 conference and CCDA has a block of rooms at the discounted rate of $129 per night (king and double/double rooms). All CCDA guest rooms include complimentary internet access. Individuals and groups may make reservations online or by phone.
Make a reservation online
Click here to access CCDA’s dedicated reservation page.
Make a reservation by phone
Call the Hilton at 888.933.5363.
NOTE: The deadline to reserve a room has been extended to September 18th. The hotel will not guarantee the group rate after that day.
IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE RESERVING A ROOM ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29: The hotel expects to be sold out that evening. CCDA has sufficient rooms on hold at the group rate to accommodate our conference, but often attendees hold more rooms than they need until just before the conference. If this affects you, please do the following:
1. Reserve the rooms you need through Friday night.
2. Attendees will begin releasing rooms they don’t need about two weeks before the conference; check back with the hotel regularly for Saturday openings.
3. The hotel has guaranteed that they will honor the CCDA rate ($129) after the September 11 cutoff date, as long as you are extending an existing reservation.
Alternate Housing provides lodging options for conference attendees at a more economical rate(sometimes free). Options include homestays with local hosts and church/organizational stays with local congregations (best for groups). View the list of alternate housing options. Read information about offering your home or organization for alternate housing. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Conference attendees are responsible to arrange their own transportation to and from the event. CCDA will not provide transportation for any part of the conference, except where stated.
Those flying in from out of town will be arriving at the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport. The airport is 12 miles from the Hilton Minneapolis, an approximate 20 minute drive. For directions and tips on getting to the Hilton from the airport, view the Transportation & Parking PDF compiled by the Twin Cities Host Team. Light rail and shuttle options are included.
Driving & Parking
Anyone driving from out of town should take a moment to view the Transportation & Parking PDF compiled by the Twin Cities Host Team. It includes a helpful parking meter map for downtown Minneapolis.
If you are interested in sharing a room at the Hilton or a ride to the conference, click here to be directed to the forums, hosted by the Twin Cities Host Team’s blog.
ATTENTION: If you are an exhibitor needing shipping instructions, please email Sado Park at email@example.com.
Conference attendees who are staying at the Minneapolis Hilton may ship items to themselves during the conference. Please be advised of the procedures and fees:
- The hotel will not hold packages arriving more than three days before a guest’s arrival. (Example: If you plan to arrive September 26, the hotel will not receive packages addressed to you before September 23.)
- In order to receive your packages, you will have to visit the front desk to place a request for your materials to be delivered to you; the hotel staff will do this as they have time. If a large volume of shipments arrives at the hotel, the delivery process may be slow. Attendees will not be allowed to pick up items directly from the shipping dock.
- You will be charged a shipping and handling fee for all items shipped to the hotel. This fee is $2.50/box or $60/pallet. Please be advised that even if you do not ship your items on a wrapped pallet, if you have enough boxes to necessitate the hotel staff using a pallet to deliver them, they will charge you the pallet fee, not the per-box fee. The hotel estimates that 10 medium-sized boxes are equivalent to a pallet.
- After the conference you will be responsible for shipping your items back to your organization through the hotel’s business center. CCDA cannot hold items for you or be responsible for providing a dolly, packing tape, shipping labels, boxes, etc.
If you decide to ship directly to the hotel, you will need to address your labels according to the example below. Packages addressed to members of CCDA’s staff without prior approval will not be accepted.
Attn: David Marcotte
1001 Marquette Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55403
CCDA National Conference
[ your name ], booth # [ your booth number(s) ]
If you choose to bring items into the Hilton with you (if you are driving or flying), you must be able to carry these items from your car into the hotel. The Hilton’s shipping dock is not available for unloading of materials except when pre-arranged with CCDA staff.