As a part of CCDA’s National Conference, the National Student Leadership Intensive (NSLI) is a two-day event designed specifically for student leaders. This Intensive promises to engage, equip and encourage youth to have a deeper understanding of what Christian Community Development is all about…and leave ready to take action!
This year’s NSLI will focus on two of CCDA’s Eight Key Components: Relocation and Redistribution.
The conference will include:
- Intimate and energetic worship sessions
- Dynamic Bible Studies
- Practical teachings from seasoned CCDA leaders
- Dialogue and connection with CCDA’s Emerging Leaders
- Hands-on opportunities in various Indianapolis communities
- Knowledge and wisdom from John Perkins and other CCD pioneers
- Crazy fun evening activities
…and so much more!!
CCDA is looking for 150 student leaders who demonstrate a passion for helping their community, creativity and proven leadership abilities. Students must also be…
- Aged 15-19
- Committed followers of Christ
- Interested in Christian Community Development and issues of social justice
Please Note: This is a conference specifically for youth who are already, or will be assuming, a leadership role in your ministry.
Youth leaders sending students to the NSLI can either volunteer for the NSLI or attend the National Conference. Volunteer for the NSLI: Volunteers for the NSLI pay a $25 registration fee and contribute at least 10 hours of service. Note: Volunteers for the NSLI must go through the registration process for National Conference Volunteers. These are not two distinct processes. CCDA will follow up with Volunteers to determine skills and availability in the summer of 2011. At that time, anyone wishing to be assigned to the NSLI specifically can indicate that preference. Attend the National Conference: Click here to view registration details.
The NSLI begins October 13 at 1:00pm with participant check in and registration. It ends October 15 at the close of the Saturday evening plenary session, 9:00pm.
For more details download the NSLI Schedule .
CCDA’s 2011 National Conference and NSLI are headquartered at the JW Marriott Indianapolis.
Hotel accommodations are not included in the price of NSLI registration. For information about the JW Marriott, as well as alternate housing opportunities, please visit our lodging page. All student leaders under the age of 18 staying at a hotel, hostel, etc. must have an adult leader staying on-site with them.
Rate: $99 (includes all meals; Thursday dinner through Saturday dinner)
*Lodging costs are not included in the NSLI fee.
- Register and pay online at www.ccdaregistration.org. (Online registration includes pay-by-check and credit card payment options.)
- CCDA will follow up with each registered student, sending a packet of information that needs to be completed by the student in order for him/her to be fully registered.
- On-site, students must check-in to receive name badges and materials. Check-in will be 1:30pm – 3:30pm on Thursday, October 13.
NSLI registration closes September 30, 2011. There will be no on-site registration available.