The CCDA Leadership Cohort is designed to bring together CCD leaders who are demonstrating leadership in their local communities and beyond. Each Cohort consists of 20 diverse leaders who journey together for two years developing deep friendships shaped by mentor-to-peer and peer-to-peer relationships—much like the original founders of CCDA.
Requirements for Cohort #7
- Ages 25 – 40
- Active membership in CCDA.
- Serving in a primary leadership capacity with a CCDA organization or a local community.
- Have a history of participating in CCDA events or activities (e.g. attending the National Conference).
- Characterized as a person “above reproach” (I Tim. 3:1-10).
During cohort years:
- Read all assigned materials
- Full preparation and participation in four 4-day retreats.
- Full participation in two National Conferences over a two-year period. Cohort members will be expected to volunteer and are encouraged to submit a National Conference Workshop Proposal.
- Serve on a CCDA Board Committee when assigned.
- Continued relationship building between formal activities/retreats.
- Payment of a one-time $750 Leadership Cohort Fee within 30 days of notification of your acceptance to the Cohort. Arrangements for a payment plan are available upon request.
After completing the program:
- Represent CCDA as “ambassadors” for Christian Community Development through activities including, but not limited to: hosting CCDA events (e.g. CCDA Cafés), continuing to serve on a CCDA Board Committee, and investing in the growing network of Cohort Leaders.
Please note that the Cohort 7 retreat schedule changed 2/27/2016.
June 6-9, 2017
|2017 National Conference
October 3-7, 2017
March 6-9, 2018
September 11-14, 2018
Each Cohort participant is responsible for paying their $750 Leadership Cohort Fee (covers room & board for four retreats) and covering their own transportation, lodging, and food costs related to two National Conferences. We have estimated the costs in the table below. These costs will vary based upon individual travel expenses to the gatherings and lodging/meal choices for the two National Conferences.
|Airfare||$2,400||4 retreats + 2 National Conferences x $400 each|
|National Conference Housing||$1,260||Hotel w/single occupancy (total of nine nights x $140 per night) for two National Conferences|
|National Conference Registration||FREE||Members of the Leadership Cohort receive complimentary registration to the two required National Conferences|
|National Conference Meals||$450||2 National Conferences (total of nine days at $50 per day)|
|Cohort Fee (Room and Board)||(FIXED)
|Covers all room and board for the four retreats. Payment of retreats fee is expected within 30 days of notification of your selection. (Payment plans available upon request)|
|TOTAL||$4,860||Projected costs for all Leadership Cohort events (over a two-year period)|
The application process for Cohort 8 will begin in November 2017. If you have questions about the program, please contact Lisa Watson.