In our country, there is a growing recognition of the importance of health in the physical, emotional, and even spiritual aspect of our lives. Yet, even with this heightened awareness, many are not accessing the appropriate services available to them. In fact, there are more than five million low-income children who are eligible for health care coverage today but are not accessing these services.
It is for this reason that we are pleased to share that through an unprecedented agreement with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services, we have the privilege of offering the Community Health Connectors training throughout the country. We know that for many vulnerable Americans, faith-based organizations like yours are the ONLY trusted source of information. Given this “trust factor”, the Community Health Connectors training is designed to equip community and faith-based organizations that are already engaging with the tools and resources to help the most vulnerable navigate through the healthcare system.
Through the Community Health Connectors training, participants will:
- Understand the basics of Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP and other resources available to address health needs.
- Understand new health benefits that will roll out over the next 4 years.
- Interface with your local health beneficiary providers to understand state-specific information.
- Access information that will equip you to help and refer individuals in your community to services they may be eligible but not enrolled.
This spring we will be bringing this training to:
- Jackson, MS – February 26th
- Miami, FL – March 1st
- Orlando, FL – March 27th
- San Antonio, TX – April 12th
- Phoenix, AZ -April 17th
- Houston, TX -April 26th & 27th
For more information, please visit the website: www.healthconnectors.org.